Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardauna

Dear colleagues, can someone help. my client bought a pairly used sony colour tv. with an unknown password applied on it ie the tv. cannot be operated always demanding for password. No model number pls. yours SARDAUNA.

I can't help you with your problem, but I would like to say in general, when you post, include as much information about your topic or problem as you can in the subject line, instead of just calling your post: "Help".

It makes for a much more readable browsing experience when we're looking at the list of topics. Thanks.

try sony.com they may have something that may help, i know for sure to talk to a tech its not free though.

Sardauna said:
Dear colleagues, can someone help. my client bought a pairly used sony colour tv. with an unknown password applied on it ie the tv. cannot be operated always demanding for password. No model number pls. yours SARDAUNA.

This is MUCH too vague a request, you don't even give the model number of the set! - so how can you expect any suggestions?. You also don't have your location filled in!, so we don't even know what the country of the set is either!.

What I can tell you though, is that as a service engineer repairing Sony's for over 30 years, I've NEVER seen one with a password facility on it!.

Assuming the TV (which may, or may not, be a Sony?) has a password, then it's a security feature - so it appears that the set may be stolen, which is why your client wasn't told the code!.

If we get requests like this at work the customer has to bring the set in, and also their original receipt, to prove ownership of the set! - we're not in the business of helping people with stolen TV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back