Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexx

hii

can anyone suggest how to be perfect in electronics..................i mean for newbies like me from where to start so that to gain good knowlege in practical circuit design.

regards
mexx

There is no miracle pill in electronics. The fastest way I guess is to start with a book. The bible of electronics seems to be The Art of Electronics. That should give you a good overview of analog electronics.
As for how to be PERFECT, I also want to know.

Radio Shack used to have a series of books by Forrest Mims, a few $$ ea. intros to theory and circuits. More scholarly works abound and are less beginner friendly but worth while.
There are resources on the web like "Wikopedia" and "allaboutcircuits.com" that explain in plain English the operation and theory behind each application.

Start where WE all did "Ohm's law". Beat it up till you know it cold. If you know two quantities you can figure out the third. Then you can look at "Kurkoffs law" and deal with the specific voltage ( or current ) drop over any circuit node. Sounds fancy but the punch line is you add up all the power used in all the nodes ( a node is a branch of a circuit with all components figured in ) ant that is the total amount of energy used.simple no? Thats for "DC" and "passive " resistance.

Next is "AC circuits" and their equivalent analysis using a kind of variation of ohm's law. The thing with AC circuits is that all the values change over time ( it's AC remember) and the components used, like "inductors "( coils ) and "capacitors" react to those changes.So we don't use resistance any more but "Impedance" which is called Z.

Theres a boatload more I could clog the board up with , but these are your basic jumping off points, all the words in """" are usable in a google search.
Good luck and have fun.

P.S. I've ben in electronics seince age 7 and I learn something new everyday, so You can't be perfect ..........but You can be good :)

edit to add:
Look at this board and others at 555 timer circuits they kind of encapsulate both AC and DC concepts in 1 circuit ...nifty chip that .

start with a 555 then mabey some logic gates, do a bit of bread boarding and bcd counters and work ur way up to to micro controllers. the n u want to look at things like radio waves, memory, different inputs and mxing it all. when u get the hang of counters and microcontrollers go for a medium difficulty project like an alarm clock (im doing one now for my gcse :) ) with a radio or and lcd of something. use ur imagination :D

-=GST=- Nemisis (cs/cz) said:
edit:
TillEulenspiegel said:

u could say s=x+y+z-t or x-s=y+z-t or t+s=x+y+z yeah that last one isnt bad :p

No it has to be the sum of the squares , but there's no sub or superscript on the board and T is always neg. Nice to see someome reconizing the sig line at least :)

TillEulenspiegel said:
-=GST=- Nemisis (cs/cz) said:
edit:
TillEulenspiegel said:

u could say s=x+y+z-t or x-s=y+z-t or t+s=x+y+z yeah that last one isnt bad :p

No it has to be the sum of the squares , but there's no sub or superscript on the board and T is always neg. Nice to see someome reconizing the sig line at least :)

lol i read it wrong i thought it was 2s=2x+2y+2z-2t haha

TillEulenspiegel said:
Then you can look at "Kurkoffs law" and deal with the specific voltage ( or current ) drop over any circuit node. Sounds fancy but the punch line is you add up all the power used in all the nodes ( a node is a branch of a circuit with all components figured in ) ant that is the total amount of energy used.simple no? Thats for "DC" and "passive " resistance.

You will have much better luck finding it what you spell it "Kirchoff's Law".

Also, the next step is understanding Thevenin/Norton circuit equivalent resistances. That's natural once you understand Ohm's & Kirchoff's.

Oznog said:
TillEulenspiegel said:
Then you can look at "Kurkoffs law" and deal with the specific voltage ( or current ) drop over any circuit node. Sounds fancy but the punch line is you add up all the power used in all the nodes ( a node is a branch of a circuit with all components figured in ) ant that is the total amount of energy used.simple no? Thats for "DC" and "passive " resistance.

You will have much better luck finding it what you spell it "Kirchoff's Law".

Also, the next step is understanding Thevenin/Norton circuit equivalent resistances. That's natural once you understand ohm's & Kirchoff's.

Actually the spelling is "Kirkoff's law", like any translation there are margins of error. Pardon my spelink

TillEulenspiegel said:
Radio Shack used to have a series of books by Forrest Mims, a few $$ ea.

i wouldnt recomend this book. it was the first electronics book i got and it had me believing a host of wrong electronics ideas. i think "teach yourself electricity and electronics third edition" by stan gibilsco is a GREAT book, not too much math, but enough. i saw it in barnes n nobles once.

"i wouldn't recommend this book. it was the first electronics book i got and it had me believing a host of wrong electronics ideas. "

Honestly? Mims was a ~ "technologist" and was baby food for the mind. What in particular do you think was inaccurate?.

Mexx, If you are seriously interested in becoming an engineer or techie, I have a 1989 6th edition ( 1st printing) copy of Grobs basic electronics that cost $60 new, if Your serious give me a PM and if you supply a PP FedEx/UPS box I'll toss it to You free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back