Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with transistoer/switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac86

i have made a circuit using diagram below and 2x 4017. All is working fine with LEDs connected directly to the output of 4017 and to -ve via resistor.

problem is though, the diagram has LEDs between +ve and transistor, and transistor straight to -ve. What i need is something that will switch the +ve, since -ve of LEDs will always be connected to -ve. What parts do i need?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/firetrucksch3-gif.25138/

Thanks

You can add two PNP transistors, such as a 2N2907 or similar, to the circuit.

Connect the bases of the 2907's to the collector of the respective 2N2222's through 1KΩ resistors. Connect the 2907 emitters to the +ve. Connect the 2907 collectors to the LEDs connected to -ve.

Why not make the circuit the way it is shown?
If you change the transistors to be emitter-followers and use low voltage red LEDs then the LEDs can be connected to ground.

Attachments

• LED double blink circuit.PNG
    LED double blink circuit.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back