Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with tps sensor outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadelaro

Hello,
I am a newbie here with basic electronics knowledge, as my wife says just enough to be dangerous.

I have two TP sensor outputs which I need to change to fit within allowable PCM parameters. Little info on the sensors, Both throttle position sensors potentiometers, 0-5v and 5-0v and are located inside the TB. They both share a common 5vdc ref supply and a common ground and each has a separate signal wire going to the engine processor.
TPS1 signal reads 1.3v closed and 4.7v open, TPS2 reads 3.7v closed and .7v open. I need to rescale these outputs to match the allowable range by the engine pcm which are TPS1 .4v - 4.6v and TPS2 4.6v - .4volts or it will enter failsafe mode.

I thought about resistors but that wont work because the sum of both sensors at any given position must equal the vref voltage. I have looked and seached foums and internet and op-amps keeps coming up as an option. Any thoughts, ideas, schematics are greatly appreciated.

Elvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back