Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hi friends ,
I want to make following :

As I press the switch button 5 times then the led should glow , else it will not glow until the switch is pressed 5 times

Friend any help will be appreciated...

Use a Johnson (decimal) counter for your project.

Check out the datasheet of the CD4017.

Boncuk

This is one of many ways. Debounce the switch and use it as the clock input to a counter, then decode the counter output for 5. Connect the counter's 6th output to it's reset.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help ...
But if any link or circuit is provided then It will be helpful to me...

Thanks guys again

As we discussed in the chat earlier today, these two links are very useful.

**broken link removed**
http://www.technologystudent.com/elec1/count1.htm

You can replace the astable in the Doctronics circuits with a button, but remember to properly debounce it like KJ6EAD said.

Thanks edeca for your help..
I have one question more..

Just for eg :
I am using IC555 as astable and it's interval times is : 3 minutes
so, after 3 minutes the 4017 pins led will go high simultaneously...

any circuit or images will be appreciated regarding my push button counter..

I am attaching The image of my project as I want to design..

Here in the image you can see the minutes selector , which is used to select the switch button timing.

For example , If I select "3" in minutes selector , then the 4017 counter should set according to "3" and so on..

After configuring the minutes in "minutes selector" , as I press 3 times the switch then the counter led should glow and resets again..

So, this is my full project...
I should select timing 0 to 7..

Thanks in advance..

What started as a button press counter has somehow morphed into a timer of some sort involving minutes. Why don't you give us a complete description of what you're trying to accomplish?

hi KJ,

Yusuf has two threads going for the same Topic, have tried to Merge the two threads, but for some reason today the Merge operation is on holiday.

Sorry about that.

The Other Thread is: Help in Timer!

Eric

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back