Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Timer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrajetguy

I am working on a 12 volt application. I am trying to make a device which when signaled by switch 1 it arms the device and when signaled by switch 2 closes (completes) the circuit but then opens about 2 seconds later and then resets automatically so it can all happen again. It would be cool if I could change the time that the circuit remains closed but I could live with out it. The circuit must not be completed unless switch 1 is hit first and then switch 2 second triggering the timer. Any ideas would be helpful and diagrams would be awesome. Thanks

Pete

A simple 555 timer chip should work well and could be made adjustable.

To actual draw a circuit one would need a little more information. Are the two switches two way on/off or momentary push switches, or one of each?

What kind of output voltage and current are you dealing with?

Lefty

Well I was looking at some diagrams last night and found a monostable circuit using a 555 timer module that is triggered by a falling edge which I think might work for my application. This type of circuit I believe would still need a momentary switch to arm it but then is triggered by the high to low voltage change.

I also have the option of using a 0-5v signal to be the triggers for my circuit, if I could build a circuit that armed at anything above x voltage and triggered at anything under y voltage that would be great and eliminate the need for mounting micro momentary switches.

The output would need to be about 12-14v (automotive voltage) and not a very high amperage, I would think only 1 or 2 amps, it is just a small vacuum solenoid being actuated.

Thanks,

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back