Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the plasma speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

djrobotfreak

ok, I am trying to create a plasma speaker off of these schematics. **broken link removed**

I have also tried to build it off of other schematics, like this one
https://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FVE/I3SC/FR123O01/FVEI3SCFR123O01.png

No matter what I do, I cannot even create a spark. I bought a 12 v from the local electronics store and am using a nine volt for the other half. I am on my third flyback (first one, ferrite core broke in half, second and third I dont know if they work) that I ripped from old crt monitor. Could it be that my luck is that bad to get three broken flybacks??? The multimeter shows that I have voltage right before the flyback but I cannot for the life of me get any spark/arc whatsoever.

Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

You say you are supplying nine volts to the "other half". You give 9 volts to the "other half" you mean the half that says you need 12V to 40V?

Did you notice the posts in the instructables page from people who also can't get it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back