Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help, with schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know the primary "practical" use of the device is, !!!

No, it's not what your probably thinking. I work at a university in Davis (UCD medical) and in order to qualify for out yearly budget from the state we need to sell a lot of our old lab equipment. So everyday people come in to buy equipment and everyone asks if we take cards so we decided to utilize credit cards to increase sales. One of the professors told me to find a way to swipe cards and have it registered upstairs (3 floors up).

So thats what im trying to do, any help?

No, it's not what your probably thinking. I work at a university in Davis (UCD medical) and in order to qualify for out yearly budget from the state we need to sell a lot of our old lab equipment. So everyday people come in to buy equipment and everyone asks if we take cards so we decided to utilize credit cards to increase sales. One of the professors told me to find a way to swipe cards and have it registered upstairs (3 floors up).

So thats what im trying to do, any help?

Hey I live not too far from Davis, maybe 50 miles. What kind of equipment is sold? Is there a web link or other information avalible?

Thanks
Lefty

Hey I live not too far from Davis, maybe 50 miles. What kind of equipment is sold? Is there a web link or other information avalible?

Thanks
Lefty

RB Flasks, magnetic stirrer hot plates, condensers, a lot of components for distillation apparatus's.

Do you need anything specific? I could dig some stuff up for you if you need anything. Maybe you could help me in return for some glassware

you know most places would call these devices illegal because of their use on credit card theft **broken link removed**

Last edited:
A cardreader is an output only device like a keyboard. What's wrong with using a small computer on the network, after all isn't the store attended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back