Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With Samsung Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atti2d4u2

I recently acquired two 40" flat screen monitors at an auction. They are both Samsung models, one is a 400px and the other is a 400dx. When bidding it was only possible to see the front of the monitors, and since both screens appeared to be in great shape, I took a chance on them. Once I won the two items, and picked them up, I knew something was amiss right away because there were no visible connections on the back of them. When I got home I realized there were screws missing on the back covers, and after opening it up I discovered that both were missing the main boards. My questions are:

Can these boards be obtained, and if so, where and how much?

Why do you suppose someone would take the boards out in the first place before neatly packaging them up?

What should I do with these?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

You got a pig in a poke, without the pig.

Forget about buying a replacement board. It will cost you almost as much as a new T.V. Best thing you can hope for is to buy another used one of the same type.

Couple of years ago I replaced the main board in my Samsung 26" LCD. It was $250. At the time I could buy a new TV for about $350.

I recently acquired two 40" flat screen monitors at an auction. They are both Samsung models, one is a 400px and the other is a 400dx. When bidding it was only possible to see the front of the monitors, and since both screens appeared to be in great shape, I took a chance on them. Once I won the two items, and picked them up, I knew something was amiss right away because there were no visible connections on the back of them. When I got home I realized there were screws missing on the back covers, and after opening it up I discovered that both were missing the main boards. My questions are:

Can these boards be obtained, and if so, where and how much?

Why do you suppose someone would take the boards out in the first place before neatly packaging them up?

So they could sell the worthless remains to some poor mug at an auction :p

I imagine both LCD panels will be duff as well, so the boards were moved and sold (as many Samsung boards are obselete) - but it sounds a dodgy auction to me?.

I'm presuming it was in a hotel (or similar) and not a proper auction?, there have been teams of con-men doing the same over the UK at various times over the decades.

As an engineer we've seen many examples over the years, a Sony 'TV/VCR' (when Sony didn't make them) was an Amstrad one with a sony sticker on the front (and had many of it's internals missing). VCR's with no insides (and magazines making up the weight). They just buy scrap units, wrap them in clingfilm, and sell them to gullible members of the public.

If it was a proper auction, then get back in touch with the auction house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back