Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with removing timer function from newborn white noise machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbgt

Hi all, new here first post. I have a 1 month old and we use a sound machine in our room that is AC powered and works great. Some friends gave us this one here and though thoughtful, there is a built in timer that kicks the sound off after 30 min. I took the unit apart down to the circuit board. I don't know much about circuits however, was wondering if there was something here I could remove, jumper etc.. that would eliminate the timer and run continuously.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Mods please move this if needed as I'm not sure where best to post.

IMG_20200202_080513.jpg

Last edited:
The obvious problem is we can't read the numbers on the chips - however, it's most likely that one is a processor, and the timing will be done in it's internal code - so probably no way to change it.

Thanks for the reply -
From what I'm able to read:
U1 - TRD18P188B FA7Y-5036 1832F332
U2- 75331# S0411A
U3- MK 25Q32CTIG 1846
U4 - no printing

It will be unfortunate if there is nothing that can be modified.

There is a master on off inline with the connection to battery point on the board. Then the timer and functions start off a push button on the K1 - K4 above. 2 start a function (light or sound) and the other 2 cycle volume level or the led intensity.

If this ends up being more.complicated than jumper or removing something - I'll just buy another sounds machine. Didn't want this to end up in the trash and the manufacturer says there's no way to adjust the timer. Useless as for newborns you do not want the white noise to turn off.

Useless as for newborns you do not want the white noise to turn off.

I can see why you would want it to stay on all night - kids tend to wake up crying at 2am and a white noise machine in my bedroom turned up full will certainly make the crying less noticeable.

Useless as for newborns you do not want the white noise to turn off.
The cynic in me says "Welcome to the world kid, this is what tinnitus is like. Get used to it."

JimB

/--/
If this ends up being more.complicated than jumper or removing something - I'll just buy another sounds machine. Didn't want this to end up in the trash and the manufacturer says there's no way to adjust the timer. Useless as for newborns you do not want the white noise to turn off.

It looks like it will.

That unit is designed to only run on batteries and that is why they have an auto-shut off. Note that other Amazon customers complained about the same exact "feature".

You have a good one with an AC adapter that is terrific. Use this one as a travel WNG.

If you want to buy another one, you can get another one like the one that works well. I can recommend this one as it has a shut-off timer that can be enabled or disabled and works quite well.

There is a lot of electric crap on Amazon. Make sure you have a UL-listed or CE-listed product if you are leaving it unattended in your child's room. Even that does not insure a safe product since Amazon makes no attempt to validate the authenticity of any product brand name or safety approval listing.

Cheers.

Ended up ordering a travel sound machine. Appreciate those with positive feedback. Take care folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back