Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with RC car Transmitter and Reciver .

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonu2die4

Hi,
I am Vivek and I want to establish a radio link between two atmel Microcontrollers . I will be using the UART of both the AVR. I have fabricated the necessary electronics .

I had an old working RC car working on 49 Mhz , of which I am using the Transmitters and Receiver to connect to the appropriate pins of the Microcontroller .

I have also seen schematics with transmitter modles # RCT -433 AS and # RCR-433 RP . These transmitters are little expensive . soi want to avoid using it .

But my question is can I use My existing RC TX/RX to send the Data packets in the same way over the Radio interface as the expensive Radio modules without any data loss?
Regards
Vivek

Probably not?, and in either case it's probably not a good idea to use the UART's - you need to implement some type of NRZ coding, such as Manchester coding, and a packet system. Using a UART makes this much more difficult.

Hi,
See I just want to test a small project where I just want to glow 8 leds ( Data) over a wireless network. the distance would be just 2 meters. This is yja main reason i posted here.

Should work fine. You should be able to get 1200/2400 baud for good distances, higher at shorter distances though it wouldn't be as reliable. Seeing as how R/C systems are already set up for FSK you can send serial data directly over it without having to bother with Manchester encoding. If your TX has a 'buddy box' ability you can use that to directly hijack the PPM stream without having to open the internals up. Tapping the receiver isn't overly difficult, inside your receiver one leg of the IC is going to have the entire PPM baseband signal on it, you can feed that directly into an I/O pin. Just add a little bit of error checking/correcting data to the transmitted packet (maybe as simple as sending each byte twice and comparing it) and you should be able to do quiet a bit more than just blink 8 LED's with it.
I have an RC transmitter and receiver I bought with the specific intention of doing just that, but I haven't finished the project yet for lack of space to complete it (Living with my fiance in a small apartment no space for a workbench) The last thing I did was open both tx and rx up and check where to tap the signal, was easy to find on a scope. If you have any more questions or need assistance feel free to add to the thread or send me a private message.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Its good to see you thread.
Actually I am building a wireless data transmitter . I want to send an ASCII bit over the air interface.
Now suppose I want to send 'A' then I may want to send it serially to another microcontroller . Hence I will end up in sending binary value of A over the air interface . So this is what I want to do.
Regards
Vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back