Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP with PWM(pulse width modulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the diff. btw the following
variable duty cycle pwm...
variable frequency pwm...
variable frequency and duty cycle pwm...????

also,what r high side and low side pwm used in psoc???

PWM is the duty-cycle changing. The frequency might also change but it does not need to change. Changing the frequency without changing the duty-cycle is not PWM.

I don't know what is high side and low side PWM. An h-bridge has a high side and a low side.
I don't know what is PSOC. The letters could be anything.

thnks....
psoc(program system on chip) is a product of cypress semiconductors which has a microcontroller together with many other evices like adc , comparators, sensors ,...
what is the difference with/without variable frequency???

Most PWM systems do not change the frequency because a low frequency is bad and a high frequency is bad.

hi,
so , if i hav to run a dc motor of certain voltage , say 12v , i can take analog voltage which averages to 12volt , connect it to a pwm and the output may b connected to the motor....will it work????
eliminators available in the market does the same thing...do they work on same principle???

With a 12V supply and a 12V motor then 100% duty-cycle from PWM will result in full power. But the PWM circuit might have some loss.
50% duty-cycle will result in almost half power but good torque.
10% duty cycle will result in low power and not bad torque.

Most PWM systems do not change the frequency because a low frequency is bad and a high frequency is bad.

Why high frequency is not appropriate ?

High frequency reduces the current in an inductive motor.
The switching device gets hot at high frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back