Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With Pump Control Circuit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calenk

Allright I need to create a water pump controller that....once turned on activates a solid state 120v relay(powering the pump), till the tank reaches a certain level...using electrodes,or IR or something??
(NOT A FLOAT SWITCH) to detect water level....once level is reached it turns OFF the 120v relay and starts a countdown timer......which i need to adjust from 2-12hours (potentiometer maybe???) once countdown timer reaches 0 it turns the 120v relay back ON, powering the pump till desired water level is reached.........etc

all i know is how too assemle this type of thing from a schemeatic...i need help with circuit design parts needed etc...

You'll need to describe things a little more. How deep is the basin or sump, how fast will the pump remove the water, how fast does it come in, etc. If it's a school project say so and we can help you by describing realistic situations from our experience. If it's a real problem that's fine too - just need to know more.

allright its pumping water from a 75 gallon resevoir....up 30 inches into a 46 gallon flow table 7" high 30"wide and 60" inches long....it will be filling at approx. 1000 GPH but thats not for sure...so thats why i need the OFF trigger to be sensor based......then the table will drain back through the pump into the resevoir as fast as possible....The table then needs to sit empty for 2-12 hours (depending on the growth stage of the plants)...that is the need for the "adjustable countdown timer" to trigger the pump to kick ON)

so basically:
-power is applied....................(5-9VDC transformer and 120 V for relay)
-120v SS relay opens................... (powers pump)
-desired water level is detected................................... (by electrodes or IR sensor whichever is easier)
-120v SS relay closes
-Two to Twelve hour adjustable countdown timer begins............(SET with a potentiometer of some sort-- capable of 30 minute increments at least, smaller is still good...LED display or LCD, to display timer...ie changes when you turn pot to show what count down time is currently set to...and displays countdown in HH:MM: )
-timer reaches 0, 120v relay opens
-water level detected
-closes relay and starts timer and so forth.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back