Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with PS2 and PIC16F877a interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

thurmc

I am creating a mapping robot for a final project in a class and I am having some trouble learning how to interface the PIC16F877A with a PS2 mouse. Basically what I am trying to do is find out how much the mouse has moved in the X-Y position and read this into the PIC. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do this? I found a few example codes but they are for modeling mice instead of reading from them. Also: Can you set this up using the RS-232 communication? The protocols seem very similar between PS2 and RS 232.

Thanks for the link but I don't speak Italian and I was hoping for a better idea of how to accomplish this that doesn't involve copying another person's program. Anyone have any advice?

Hi
I have built a robot that work with two PS2 mouse with pic 16f877

**broken link removed**

clip:
**broken link removed**

some more info :
**broken link removed**

I have implemented the PS2 protocol based on this sites :
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

but if it's not a must to work with the PS2 protocol , you can work directly with the mouse chip and it is much simpler :

Sprites mods - Optical mouse-cam - Optical mouse cam

There is a ready chip that can help you
PAK-VI

TheDemri :eek:

well i have a problm in communicating with ps/2 mouse using pic 16f877a as soon i attach ps/2 cable to pc and boot my sys.PC got stuck after showing BIOS window
so pls help............

coder, if you have a problem start your own thread, don't post in someone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back