Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maze1

I have to work on a microcontroller-based chocolate vending machine and the idea i have on my mind is to develop a system to detect coins and another that comprises a rotating stepper motor which sweeps the chocolates (or objects) and can be collected from the other end.
Is this feasible enough? what would my requirements be? How do i develop the project?

Welcome to the forum.
I'd try a hierarchical approach.
Start by listing all the steps needed, then the respective hardware sub-systems for performing those steps, then the components to build each sub-system, then the software modules to make it all happen.

hi
The key issue is to detect coins,When the coins into the machine,You should have a proper way to detect it.You can refer to the structure of the vending machine.It seems to be a pressure sensor.
Thanks

Thanks !
the coin detection required in the circuit needs to be a very simple one. It need not distinguish between the types of coins. so can it done by IR detection?

The thing I had in my mind is to make a simple circuit for coin detection, IR diodes and IR LEDs on opposite sides and when the coin is detected, it activates the microcontroller, which in turn activates the stepper motor, which has to be attached with some simple structures that allows the object to be sweeped out as the motor rotates. I am able to visualize the project but don't know how to translate that onto the circuits and develop the codes for it

Google "coin acceptor".

There are several modules available, some for a single coin module some for multiple. They also show datasheets on how they function. This may provide ideas or insight to functionality.

the coin detection required in the circuit needs to be a very simple one.
The simplest is probably just a microswitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back