Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with PIC and RTC module please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

I have just pulled a RTC IC from a broken (clock still ok) Taxi meter.

After some googling I have found the datasheet but I don't understand its connection to a uC.

If anyone could advise me on this please as I have never used a serial peripheral on the PICs and to be honest I am no expert on them, I just muddle along using MikroBasic.

I would prefer to use a 16F pic and have the easy pic5 board to test on. The clock module is MK48T02B-25 and I have attached the datasheet. **broken link removed**

Thanks........Al

hi Al,
That RTC is designed for use with CPU, a Z80 or the like, vintage circa 1986

You could link it to say a 16F877A and use a lot of pins for the address and data lines.

Have you checked the remaining battery life of the internal battery.?

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

Hope your year is starting a good one mate. Are you snowed in down there? We are.

I guess I should just scrap the IC. It was only something I came across while stuck in the house waiting for the gritter! (which never came)

I resorted to tidying up my workshop - I must have been desperate eh! hehehe

All the best..........Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back