Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with Physical auto clicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozly

Hello,

I'm new at electronics and haven't done any projects in a while. Recently, I'm trying to make an auto clicker for my mouse using a 555 timer.

I noticed that if I take a wire and touch the two ends of the switch for the right click the mouse right clicks.

My design is simple I have a 555 timer chip in astable mode outputting to a transistor at about 5hz. I connect that transistor in parallel with the right mouse.
I thought I would be getting the mouse to click at 5hz but it didn't work.

Is it because the 555 chip's output voltage is too low or is this impossible?

ps. I dont want to use relay because it would make my design too bulky and I want to eventually put this circuit in my mouse.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 239
You need to connect the ground of your circuit to the ground of the mouse circuitry, unless you use a relay or an optoisolator. I would advise using an opto. Try a 1Hz data rate at first, then move to 5Hz.

I'm attempting something similar at the moment but have tried for hours and had no success. Im using a 555 Astable with a 3904 Transistor base leg on pin 3. Collecter and Emitter parralell with the switch as you did. I am really frustrated as all the circuits work I just can't seem to get the right part on the mouse's circuit board to solder them to. Any advice/instructions for me maybe?
Thanks

out of curiosity, what would such modification bring? what is the application? some shooter video game?

It is for RuneScape an MMORPG, It will click the same spot lots of times as this proccess usually gets very boring. It just sits there and autoclicks for me. Even 1hz would be ok, 3hz+ would be better.

You should have a resistor (~ 10k should do) in series with the transistor base, otherwise you risk frying the transistor.

I don't, I will probably redo the circuit on a CAM machine next week as it's done on some pretty sketchy protoboard currently. Ill add in the resistor aswell.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back