Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with photosensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

I need to write out psuedocode procedure for photosensors project. I need to write it on outside lights by the driveway that come on at different light levels and at different times. Please help!

Not quite sure what you mean here: "write out pseudo code procedure for photo sensors project". So you need to write the code for a micro controller that will look at inputs from photo sensors and turn lights on/off based on the amount of light? Where exactly did you want to start?

Ron

Well when you are ready outline exactly what you want to get done in some detail and I am sure you will get plenty of help. Turning yard/garden lights on/off at various levels of light during dusk/dawn is easy enough but I am thinking you want this micro controller (PIC Chip) controlled? Just not sure what you want or exactly how you want to do it.

Ron

Are you concerned about how to implement the photosensor, or just the code to operate the lights based upon the signal from the photosensor?

Then it's just a matter of generating a flow or state diagram of what you want the code to do, i.e. how many different light levels do you want to detect and what do you want the lights to do at each level.

Then you write the code from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back