Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with part terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongoman

Hi there

I'm new here and have come here in an attempt to locate a part - heck, it's not even electronic but rather I'm after a small bulb cover to sit over the top of a recessed LED on a wooden body. I'm after something probably several mm in diameter and that is maybe threaded or gluable, but relatively flat and low-profile on top.

I've been trying to search online but can't even narrow down suitable search words for this elusive part.

So, just to be clear, I'm after a small plastic cap to sit over a recessed LED. The cap needs to screw or be glued into a hole several mm across. The cap can be clear or colored, I just need something to finish this little detail off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does the LED need to poke through a hole in the middle, or are you wishing for the LED to be covered by your choice of mounting method?

Usually, LED's are mounted in a 'Bezel'.....which is in turn mounted to whatever you choose for an enclosure. The LED usually protrudes slightly from the bezel.

HTH.

Thanks for the reply Mickster.

The LED is already mounted fine but is recessed and there is a raw hole in the wood - I really just wanted a cap of sorts to place into the hole to create a more finished look.

i dont know the part number, but i used to get small fresnel lenses from rs components, they just push into a hole above an led, very slightly domed, mabey protruding 1mm from the wood at its highest point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back