Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, may I say...

May I say then, that my reply was not wrong?

A reply please, anyone?

Agustín Tomás

Re: So, may I say...

atferrari said:
May I say then, that my reply was not wrong?

A reply please, anyone?

Agustín Tomás

It's hard to say, your reply wasn't very clear - I'm presuming English isn't your first language?. If you had your location filled in, we would know where you were from, and would have more of a clue about your language skills.

But, as far as I understand you, your reply was fine!.

Right, so the signal is repetative?, so you can simply lock the scope to it, and see the screen refreshed by the identical images.

From your description, and the screen shot, I presumed it was a 'one off' signal, like many remote controls put out.

Yes, that's it.

Ultimate Dev'r said:
Yes, thank you for your help. I also looked around elsewhere on this forum, and found out some good information. I guess the only question I have now is how to make the lines stop zipping across the screen. I've been able to slow them down, but I'd like to know if there's a setting to freeze frame or something like that.

If your scope is triggered correctly then you should have no problem with your traces zipping across the screen, unless it is broken.

My mother tongue

My mother tongue is Spanish and I live in Buenos Aires - Argentina.

Nigel, just a an exception, if you understood my reply, could you please rephrase it for me? I would appreciate that. :)

Gracias.

Agustín Tomás

Re: My mother tongue

atferrari said:
My mother tongue is Spanish and I live in Buenos Aires - Argentina.

Nigel, just a an exception, if you understood my reply, could you please rephrase it for me? I would appreciate that. :)

I'd have put it something like this:

If the signals on channel 1 and channel 2 are syncronised with each other, and within the frequency range of the oscilloscope, you should be able to get a triggered and locked display.

As the waveform on channel 1 is the simpler waveform, it would be best to trigger the scope from that channel.

Thanks Nigel.

Agustín Tomás

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back