Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with optocoupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty_mm

Hello everyone,
i've started with electronics as a hobby. i want to use an optocoupler with my ECG circuit. I have an HCNR200 but i could not figure out how to use it. Can anyone help? i need the output to be between 0-3 volts because i want to feed it to a PIC18 microcontroller and then i can play with the PIC!!

any help will be greatly appreciated. if there is a better optocoupler out there that would do the job, it would be nice to know as well! thanks in advance.

thanks, i will try to go through it and simulate. I will post the circuit i made if i was successful! cheers

Back again,
spent the night trying to work this out.
i've attached my circuit for comments (opens with Paint but not with MS Photoeditor for some reason!!). basically, its supposed to be ECG circuit, and i've included the HCNR200 opto as per the datasheets for basic isolation. Can someone have a look and see whether what i have done so far is correct?

i also want to take the output from here to a PIC microcontroller, i'm thinking i'll probably need some kind of protection to prevent voltages more than 5V going to the PIC. any ideas? i have no idea whatsoever cause i'm very new to electronics. thanks.

Attachments

• trial.JPG
    trial.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 342
guys,
any help would be appreciated if someone could review my circuit (post 3) and comment whether i used the isolator correctly. thanks.

Your schematic is not cropped and its parts are very far apart. It is the size of my entire neighbourhood. I can see only a small part of it at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back