Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with obtaining a specific pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

malsch

Hi, I have a 1Hz pulse and wish to obtain a very short pulse at the low edge of the 1Hz pulse. The following is what I'm referring to:

**broken link removed**

Since I cannot use a capacitor, I was thinking maybe something with flip flops but I'm still a bit stuck.

Thank you

Hi, I have a 1Hz pulse and wish to obtain a very short pulse at the low edge of the 1Hz pulse. The following is what I'm referring to:

Since I cannot use a capacitor, I was thinking maybe something with flip flops but I'm still a bit stuck.

Thank you

hi,
Are you allowed to use a monostable, say a 555 timer.??

Last edited:
So you can't use a capacitor? You need a delay of some sort; one way is to use an RC or RL delay, another is to use a gate delay.

For the gate delay method (i.e. no cap), connect the input signal into a NOR gate and inverter as shown in the attached diagram

Attachments

• edge.png
    edge.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 262
So you can't use a capacitor? You need a delay of some sort; one way is to use an RC or RL delay, another is to use a gate delay.

For the gate delay method (i.e. no cap), connect the input signal into a NOR gate and inverter as shown in the attached diagram
You can add more inverters (keeping it a odd number of) to increase the pulse width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back