Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP WITH MY CD PLAYER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyhan

HELP!!! My CD player only plays 2 of my cd's! on top of that, when it play a cd, it skips on track one :!: :!: :!:
what is wrong :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
how can i fix it :?: :?: :?:
please help me :!: :!:

cleaning the offending cd disc may help,
remember :
DO NOT EVER use a circular motion to clean disc.

You can try to take a systematic approach to further pinpoint the problem with your CD player.

Take a look at the CD's that actually play in your CD player and try to determine what makes these CD's different from the other CD's that will not play. Things you can compare are:
1. Scratches, fingerprints, other foreign substances on your CD.
2. Look at the flatness of the CD's
3. Look for obvious signs of damage, such as cracks or chemical "burns" etc.
4. Make sure that the CD is secure when on the motor platform inside of the CD player. Some wear and tear could be allowing the CD to shift as it is rotating.
5. Also, on the motor platform, some manufacturers install a piece of thin rubber around the platform. I've seen this thin rubber come off on some parts of the platform, which keeps the disc from seating fully on the platform. Thus the CD is out of plane and goofy things happen at that point.
6. Check to make sure that the motor platform isn't shifting while it is rotating. Some of the screws or mounting hardware may be allowing the motor to shift.

If your CD player is continuing to skip on track 1, you may have a mechanical or electronic fault within the CD player itself. Make sure that your CD player is clean, especially the "laser" lense. If you decide to clean the "laser" lense, don't use anything but very soft cotton, such as a q-tip or cotton swab.

from what little I remember of the lectures that I have attented on servicing cd players, ( fell asleep twice listening as to how users mange to break tray switches , and fate forbid I ever see a frontloader vcr with two tapes jammed in it again!!! )
The distance between the laser diode and the cd is crucial and factory set.
In older and more used machines , the platter hieght may have become misalighened, this is unlikely but worth a look to see if it is loose, failing that one is faced with re-aligning the laser diode diffraction grating, a special tool is normally required but an old screwdriver suitably modified with a file will suffice,(was awake for the important bits).

This was over 10 years ago, my thanks to Hitachi uk they do or rather did lay on a good cold buffet, but the coffee was awfull!

and another thing while I'm hear , though slightly off topic...
does anybody know where I can buy DOUBLE sided CD-R/W dics?

schnikeys! Someone jammed 2 tapes into a front loader VCR!!! ???Uhhhhhh....I'm not really sure what to say to that.....I better just keep my mouth shut.

I'm not sure where you can get double sided CD R/W. sorry.

I just had to comment on the VCR mention.

I remember the inatial phone call only to well! .....

"the tapes only half way in the slot but plays and records fine , I just can't pull it it out..." , hmmm better bring it it in I said... :?

I tried duplicating the "fault" with a scrap machine out of curiosity, well let's just say it was not easy that plasitic tab is a sod to break...
I ended up bashing the whole vcr on a conrete floor....

Still not as bad as the cat urine one machine was drenched in, or heaven forbid as long as I live, I never want to see another portable tv from a fish an' chip shop....uuuuugh cold grease and HT a most unpleasent combination

busted cd player

:D hi,

could you mention the brand of your cd player? is that a portable player or deck player and lastly is that the throw away type when it gets busted? by the way what part of the planet is the location "yes" :cry:

its a coby and it says sports in big yellow letters on it. it plays radio too, its pretty awsome! :D

hahaha

i am live in no, what school did you go to? maybe i know you!?

hahaha

dude just toss it, you can buy a new cd player for real cheap now days. i take it you came here to try to fix it, but people dont really fix stuff like that anymore (unless they just want a real hard project) because the circuits are so small and mass produced its hard to repair them.

daviddoria said:
hahaha

i am live in no, what school did you go to? maybe i know you!?

hahaha

dude just toss it, you can buy a new cd player for real cheap now days. i take it you came here to try to fix it, but people dont really fix stuff like that anymore (unless they just want a real hard project) because the circuits are so small and mass produced its hard to repair them.
herricks middle school. Note: my real name is glenn

uh guys, it somehow magiclly stopped being f**k'd up. so... end of topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back