Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with multi fire alarm sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul44

Well, I just signed up and hope someone can be of help. By multi-alarm, I mean when a home has multiple alarms, you can wire them so if one trips, they all go off. My question is does anyone know what is on the control line when tripped? DC? pulses?
Thanks folks!

Firealarms are meant to be simple devices, I'm sure it'd just be a straight DC signal.

Raul44 said:
Well, I just signed up and hope someone can be of help. By multi-alarm, I mean when a home has multiple alarms, you can wire them so if one trips, they all go off. My question is does anyone know what is on the control line when tripped? DC? pulses?
Thanks folks!

Usually a DC voltage. Some use a contact closure, so to be sure, I would take one and test it with a DMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back