Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua17ss2

I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.
I have an old F11 electric wheelchair, i was originally trying to modifiy the joystick that controlled the motor controller. but that dream went out the door, when it burnt up. so ive been working on controlling the original motor controller, since i dont know how to duplicate the serial commands it used from the joystick, i found that it used 16- F1010N triacs, and 2 HIP4082 h bridge controllers to run those, according to the data sheet the HIB4082 seem to use a PWM signal to run the motors, what im wondering is can i solder leads on to the 2 pins that control the PWM on the chip and connect it to a PIC micro controller or even better would be if i could hook it directly to an RC receiver and send commands to it. (i would really like to run it right off of an RC radio.
does any one know if this is possible or maybe have another suggestion. i just don't want to break down and use relays if i don't have to.
I will load pictures of the motor controller when i get on a high speed internet
thanks

Last edited:
Pictures would really be needed, I don't see why you couldn't tap into the existing motor controller as long as you're sure it still works, it should be pretty simple, though I'm guessing you'll need at least a basic external driver circuit from a PIC to drive it, if nothing else to adjust voltage levels. When you take pictures make sure you get good shots of all the IC's on the board or label the picture somehow and type the chip numbers out in text with the post. And post a link to the PDF.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/03/fn3676.pdf

this is the data sheet ive been looking at, I had the chip wrong it was an HIP4082.

I will try and post some pictures tomorrow, just gotta get to a high speed connection.
The motor controller had a daughter board attached the ran everything, it accepted the serial commands and converted them in to the driving singals. i did manage to trace out the pins to the chip, that are marked pwm on the data sheet, and they go directly to the connector that daugther board was connected to, all the other components and power needed for the driver chips is still handeled by motor controller.

Why do you need to get to a high speed connection? High or low it's just a matter of time to upload picks, and I hope you aren't going to upload raw 10 megapixel photos =) Edit your pictures to provide detail not just big pictures.

the pictures are only 2 megs, but it takes about 4 hours on my dial up, and it likes to hang up after about an hour. i rather take 2 minutes when the librarys open :) then spend hours trying on dial up.
ill upload them tonight.

you can make it way smaller with paint this pic was 3m it's now 41kb
gedc0328-jpg.27051

Pictures of the motor controller top and bottom, i labeled the back view picture, you need to zoom to see the labels came out alittle smaller then i was thinking but there are very clear when zoomed.

The 16 transistors, are F1010N, the 2 motor control chips are HIP4082IB, there is a single transistor that serves as a 12 volt regulator.

I tried hooked my rc reciever directly to the pwm lines for the motor controller but only registered a change of 1 or 2 volts on my Multimeter.
i think it might need to be applified if i read the data sheet correctly around 15 volts ?

Attachments

• Fullview top.jpg
    Fullview top.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 596
  • Wide view Back.jpg
    Wide view Back.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 490
From what i get from the data sheet the HIP4082 it will work with 5 volts on the input
Input Logic Thresholds Compatible with 5V to 15V Logic
Levels

Mabye i connected the Reciever wrong, i grounded the grnd in to the ground shared by the rest of the circuit, and then i connected the signal line to the pwm input on the chip. should i attach the 5v line from the receiver to anything. becuase when i connected the multimeter the the gnd and signal line of the reciever, i only measured a voltage change of .3 volts. up or down.

I will toss together a pic chip tonight and try feeding it a pwm signal from that see if i get any results.

Are you using the same pwm for bolh BLl and ALl you have to invert one of them I drawled it out for you :)

Attachments

• hb.PNG
    hb.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 483
hey good day/ how can i repair/Refix a motor controller connected w/ a 72V output and connected to a DC motor, and the [problem is i cannot locate the main cause of the problem. the motor does not doing well, because it was not rotating counter clockwise. but it has a clockwise rotation, my motor is a DC Bi directional motor? Can anyone help me solve my problem?

Apparently your motor is not bidirectional. Does it have a gear head on it? Some motors with built in gear heads aren't reversable.

ive been looking for more information on this i think i found one circuit that may do just what i need.
**broken link removed**

Other then that i have no idea how to invert the PWM signal for the second pin on the H-bridge.

any thoughts ?

Yeah... Use a logic inverter?
Try looking this stuff up on Google, it's all out there in black and white =)
You can use a single transistor or mosfet with a resistor as an inverter. Or better yet, buy a real inverter =) They're dirt cheap basic logic IC's available many places.

You can make one easy but it takes 4 transistors to make what he needs. So I would just
buy me a 29 cent hex inverter and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back