Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with motion sensor for LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12bn

I'm building a coffee table for a autographed guitar. I want to add some bling with some LED lights. They don't have to be bright just want to add some cool effects to the project. I plan to put 12 LED's powered by batteries and activated with a motion detector. I have received advice on how to power the LEDs but any advice is very helpful.

I need more help with motion detectors. I need something small that won't be noticeable. From the research I've done I will also need a controller/interface to hook up to the LED lights. Ideally when someone walks up to the table the LEDs will come on for a few minutes. I'm ok with the motion detector working only one side of the table.

So since I know nothing about this stuff I need help with specifics on what I need and where to buy it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's a pic of my guitar and the coffee table

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
You can pick this up for around 14.00 us, it will drive a relay after that you'll need a seperate power supply & circuit to drive your led's.

Check it out might speed the process. If electronic's is more a want as a hobbie come back for info book's ect.

Yeah ain't that right ? My wife is getting my birthday gift I wan't one too !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back