Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with mic input

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

in need to know how would i jook up a audio input where a mic should go like a ipod in to play music over my IR tranmitter

Don't blame Canada. We are ignorant. We don't understand how stuff is affected by the things we do.

You don't make sense.
I think you want to convert the mic input on your IR transmitter to line input so you can connect your ipod instead of the mic.
Just make an attenuator to reduce the level and to add the stereo channels into mono like this:

Attachments

• attenuator.PNG
    attenuator.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 139
how would you hook this up there is only two ins for the mic i understand the resister part but what is the trasmitter in? is that the mic

atari7202 said:
how would you hook this up there is only two ins for the mic i understand the resister part but what is the trasmitter in? is that the mic
The output of the attenuator has a signal wire and a ground wire, just like the microphone had. Connect the output to the microphone input of the IR transmitter with shielded audio cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back