Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with mesh current analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odysseas

Hello everyone,

I have a nasty circuit here, and I have been trying to perform a mesh current analysis (as described in the wikipedia article) on it, with little success... I have drawn the curcuit and have put up the equations.

**broken link removed**

The provided values are: R1 = 1kΩ, R2 = 2kΩ, R3 = 3kΩ, Iq1 = 1mA, Iq4 = 4mA, Uq2 = 2V and Uq3 = 3V, I have also noted them in the drawing.

I have some trouble putting up the equations for IM1 and IM2 (currents within Mesh1 and Mesh2). Also, can you please tell me if those few equations I managed to get out of the schematic are correct?

Thanks a lot!

Odysseas,

I have a nasty circuit here, and I have been trying to perform a mesh current analysis (as described in the wikipedia article) on it, with little success... I have drawn the curcuit and have put up the equations.

What is nasty about it? You already have the answer just by looking at it. You have a 1 ma current source in the west loop, and a 4 ma current source is the east loop. That gives 4 ma -1 ma = 3 ma in the branch dividing the east and and west loops. What more do you need?

Ratch

So I can safely assume that IM1 = 1mA, and IM2 = 4mA? Are you sure it is that simple? Sounds almost too easy...

What is IM3? There are only two meshes...

Another question: The assigment asks for the internal resistance of this circuit between A and B. Shouldn't that be zero, due to the constant current source across A and B???

Another question: The assigment asks for the internal resistance of this circuit between A and B. Shouldn't that be zero, due to the constant current source across A and B???
You are thinking of a voltage source. An ideal constant-current source has infinite impedance.

Ah, there we go :) Now I remember. To calculate the internal resistance, I have to break the connection at every constant current source, and place a short circuit across any voltage source. Is that correct?

Ah, there we go :) Now I remember. To calculate the internal resistance, I have to break the connection at every constant current source, and place a short circuit across any voltage source. Is that correct?
That is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back