Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with MAX1496 ADC converter input

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all, and a happy new year of dabbling, it will soon be upon us!

The problem I have at the moment is finding the correct input for the MAX1496 ADC convereter/LED driver.

I have successfully connected the chip to the 3.5 digit display, and seemingly that part is ok - the segments ar working ok and nothing is smoking! ehehe

My big quandary is how to get the chip to convert my input to the 19.99v that the LEDs can show.

The datasheet gives 2 options for input, chooseable by grounding a pin, of either 200mv or 2v.

What the datasheet doen't mention is how to convert the output of my bench PSU which is 4.75 to 15.75v into a signal that the ADC can handle and understand.

Can anyone please advise me on how to connect the supply to the AIN+ and AIN- on the IC to get the correct ratio of volts for the readings on the LEDs?

There are no typical circuits shown in the datasheet that cover the input range or connection values, but I am certain one of you guys will know!

Thanks in advance for any solutions and thanks for looking..........Al :confused:

Attachments

• MAX1496.pdf
    907.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Try looking up 'potential divider', or 'resistive attenuator' - all you need is two resistors to make one - it's a VERY, VERY simple and basic piece of a circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back