Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Logic Digital Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datz Me

Is there Digital clock which is not using programmable IC? Can you help me finding this circuit.
I found one but it used LM8560, is there available IC like this and if not is there any replacements?
Thank you all

It would probably be just as cheap to buy a complete digital clock :)

LM8368.... on a google search (LM8560 equivalent)

here's an idea.... how about a shift register (74hc595 is cheap) to count the pulses from a standard anologue clock mechanism and make a 72 led clock (check the 72 led watches on ebay).

i bought 20 of these 8bit counters (they were cheaper than decade counters) to do seconds, mins and hours but havn't made it yet.

another option would be to count into a divider circuit to make one pulse per minute, that would reduce the number of counter IC's needed. (or a reed switch and tiny neo magnet on the seconds arm).

ICM 7217, but obsolete, was available as up/down counter(9999) or timer(5959)
Best part was that these had equal and zero output pins. Comes handy for rolling the count at any count u set.

Also had presetting facility.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back