Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With LED Tube Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncaaref

Ok Hopefully someone can help. Bought some Solar LED Tube Lights from ABC Distributing. When they came they were not near bright enough. The tube covering them was translucent. Took the tube off and replaced with a clear tube. Better but not great. I was using them and they quit working. I took them off removed the solar panel. Make a long story short, Some wires came loose from the Circuit board. I wired the Lights straight with 3 AAA 1.2V batteries and a Toggle switch, which worked fine, although I know it was too much power. Added a resistor and nothing. well took the resistor out and put them back like they were. toggle switch off. Next morning Batteries are completely dead. As well I would like to charge the batteries with the solar panel that came with them, but can't figure out the circuit board. I don't want the Automatic timer or anytthing like that. Just charge the batteries so they can be used on the switch. There are 30 3mm LED's Wired in Parallel. Not sure of voltage or milliamps. Can anyone help? this is the first time I have ever done anything like this. I am interested learn more and get this done.:confused:

From what you're telling me it sounds like it's cheap and nasty junk.

Have you tried charging the batteries in a normal charger.

From what you're telling me it sounds like it's cheap and nasty junk.

Have you tried charging the batteries in a normal charger.

Yes Batteries Charge just fine in a regular charger. Just can't figure out why they would go dead with the toggle switch off. Unless there is power going back to them? Do you have any suggestions as to what I could do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back