Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with LDR circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran

Ciaran Project LDR.jpg
Hi,
I am a student and have built a circuit to switch on a motor to open/close miniature gates.
It works ok with the limit switches and drives the motor forward and reverse.
I have also built an LDR circuit and am getting an output voltage of just less than the 6V d.c. battery voltage.
I am happy that both circuits work just fine.

I have attached the circuit diagram for the motor but would like to drive the motor in one direction with the LDR circuit when darkness falls.
Could someone please help me in how to interface the LDR circuit to the motor circuit attached.
Thank you,
Ciaran.

The LDR needs to operate a DPDT relay, one position during daylight, the other position during darkness.

When you have that working, replace the DPDT switch in the motor circuit with the DPDT relay contacts, wired the same way as the manual switch was...

What sort of power supply is the motor circuit running on?
Do you want the LDR circuit to be powered from the same power supply?
Can you post the circuit that you are using with the LDR?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back