Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with LCD/Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHSaunderz

Ok so i have a LCD screen(7 inches) that was connected to a sony psp. It had the little ribbon connecter with the clamp that your lift up slide in and close. Anyways now i want to put it into a car and need someway that I could transfer that ribbon into a yellow RCA cable. please help me....:eek: thanx :eek:hm:

Thats tough....

First of all, assuming you mean the LCD that was IN the PSP itself.........(ignore this if you don't).

The 'ribbon cable' (I think) is an 18-bit TFT interface, all digital. Has Hsync, Vsync, pixel clock and probably a few power lines for external caps. I can't remember exactly, I bought a sony PSP lcd off ebay a few months ago and haven't got around to playing with it. Lovely screen, but its a standard TFT interface, has onboard driver chips but NO controller. You can't hook it up to a micro, or anything else without some serious kit. Of course, its doable, but certainly NOT for the faint hearted.

The 'yellow RCA cable' you speak of is most likely composite video. This is pure analogue. Many 'in car DVD screens' will accept this. What you need to convert your composite video (be it NTSC, or PAL depending on where you live) is ideally a 'video controller and tft driver' lol.

Sounds simple enough but designing one from scratch really isn't worth the effort. We're talking lots of IC's with tiny pins, fast RAM, FPGA's, ultra fast ADC's, various analogue NTSC decoder chips.

I can go into more detail if you want me to put you off any more :)

The easiest way (stil not at all easy) would be to buy a cheap in-car screen that accepts composite video. Then use the video decoder board to drive the PSP lcd. You'd have all sort of problems getting the resolutions to match but it could work.. The major downside is, it defeats the point of using your PSP screen when you have to buy a similar one to destroy in order to use it.

Trust me, its not worth the hassle. Sorry :(

If thats not the LCD you're tlaking about, a pic would be nice.

Blueteeth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back