Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with homemade autonomous robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon-Tech

I am trying to build my first robot, and I am trying to build it out of a radio, 2 motors from a ps2 controller, and a battery pack from a rc car.

I want to make it autonomous.
I was wondering if anybody knew how I could reprogram the board from the digital alarm clock using the computer. And how to actually hook it up to a computer...

Im not really sure what I want it to do, but it needs to move... i was kinda thinking line following but im not sure how they work or if I have the stuff to make that...

I really need help...:confused:

You could use the board from a digital alarm clock, if you want to display the time on your robot. Like Blue said, you will need a whole lot more than what you currently describe.

he would have better luck with a computer mouse and set of cheap speakers that has and amp in it and two small motors you could make a line follower

Jon-Tech, you may be better off getting a kit to work with. I have not had any experience with either of these, but they look like a good place to start.

Last edited:
YouTube - Mousey Robot

should give you some ideas on how to use your ungeared motors,
try a lightseeking robot like the one in this video, much easier since you won't require precise movements thus no gear reduction and no proper wheels

but like everyone else said, you need much more, for starters a radio has no light sensors

Mines better it use a sony remote and a pic12f675 but it started like that I still use the opamp for light comparing

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back