Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With H-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moisff

Hi guys, i'm making an H-Bridge motor driver for a water gun turret. The idea is that when i send a 5v signal to one side it turns the motor one way and when i send a signal to the other side it turns the other way. Quite simple really and i'm sure everyone's seen an H-bridge before.

Anyway this is my problem:

-Testing it out on Multisim there were no problems at all
-Building it on the PCB and testing it caused the TIP 125's to blow up

This wasn't expected. I've uploaded a PDF with my testing on Multisim and my circuit design for it, if anyone could point out any glaring mistakes for me i'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Also it's saying i've uploaded the pdf but nothings showing up. I'm a newbie to this forum so any help would be appreciated

It goes through all the process and when it's finished the screen just goes blank. Who do i contact through the website about it?

!!! You can upload PDFs here?! WHy have I then been printing screen, pasting in PaintShop, and cropping the image like a fool when I can just print it as a PDF and upload it?

Moisff said:
Hi guys, i'm making an H-Bridge motor driver for a water gun turret. The idea is that when i send a 5v signal to one side it turns the motor one way and when i send a signal to the other side it turns the other way. Quite simple really and i'm sure everyone's seen an H-bridge before.

Anyway this is my problem:

-Testing it out on Multisim there were no problems at all
-Building it on the PCB and testing it caused the TIP 125's to blow up

This wasn't expected. I've uploaded a PDF with my testing on Multisim and my circuit design for it, if anyone could point out any glaring mistakes for me i'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Some H Bridge theory found here:

http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/robotics/tutorial/h-bridge/index.html

also PWM control.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back