Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with force sensor repair / replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampsfanca

I have been reading and testing different techniques now for three days , with now luck on replacing a load cell in a setup for use with a brake controller for a racing simulator. Where to start. Well i purchased some flexiforce 100 lb sensors thinking i could replace the load cell with one of these. I saw on Techscans website that someone was making a mod for this. I have set up the 100lb sensor on a breadboard and used it as a voltage divider , with good results. I've also got some sensors from bathroom scales and successfully set up a wheatstone bridge with results. I've set up a op amp set up and had results there also. Now what is confusing me is the voltage from the pcb on the brake board. It has three wires Red , White , And Black. On a multimeter when i test red and black i get -3.25 volts, when i test white and black nothing , when i test white and red i get + 3.25 volts. The only software i have is the calibration with the brake on my pc , but when i touch the red and white together the brake applies. Hope this make sense to someone , as you can tell i have little knowledge of electronics but a shove in the right direction would be appreciated. I've ordered an Audrino Uno also to help me resolve this

We don't know which way round you had your meter probes but I'm guessing the red is the positive of a 3.25V supply , black is supply negative and white is an active-high signal input with a low impedance (compared to your meter impedance) to the black wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back