Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with fast strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintruder

Howdy,

New here but looking for an assist.
EDIT: Sorry...should have used the other forum but I'll leave it here and not double-post...sorry again

I need to figure out how to make a strobelight of pretty reasonable brightness flash at 14-15Hz.

I can get it to go about once per second with the typical strobe plans, but can't quite figure out how to go faster on the charge cycle.

Any ideas on how to modify a typical schematic to go this fast?

Thanks,

Tom

Can you show us the schematic, it would make it much easier to explain to you.

Basically though, there is a capacitor that charges up and then discharges continually. It usually charges and discharges through a resistor: the resistor dictates how fast it can charge and discharge by limiting the current.

Either up the value of the resistor, or decrease the value of the capacitor.

Again, if you post the schematic, it would be very easy to point out to you which capacitor and resistor to change.

There are two factors involved, one is the speed of the oscillator, which is easily changed. The other is the charging rate of the storage capacitor, at fast speeds it might not charge high enough to give full brightness flashes.

However, only one flash per second is exceptionally slow, it sounds like you may have a problem somewhere.

As suggested, post the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back