Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with external alarm siren modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

osprey55

Hi.
I would like to make a simple DIY alarm system for a basement. I already have an external siren from taken from a burglar alarm system and i want to modify it for this project. My idea is to replace its own wall tamper microswitch with a wired magnetic sensor so every time the door opens to trigger the siren's alarm circuit. I replaced the internal 12v battery with a 12v dc transformer but when I open the microswitch nothing happened. The internal circuit has the following pinouts : the tamper microswitch, the + and + battery plugs, an on-board the circuit the tamper in and out (i think for the cable that runs to the main alarm board that Im not going to use one so I sort circuit it) +14v ,GND, GO-,GO+ and FT- .
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance and excuse my bad english.

Where did you get a DC transformer? Buy all you can and resell them for megabucks. You'll have the market cornered on DC transformers!

You dont need high IQ to understand that I meant ac-to-dc transformer my friend.
I suppose that with your comment I will finish my project. Thanks.

Many alarm "sirens" are not actually sirens but 8^ horn speakers & the alarm has an onboard driver.

Hi,

how about posting a circuit diagram for real help?

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back