Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with electronic part identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie007

Hi
I am new to forum.
I have recently taken in a dropped ipod classic. two components have come away from the board, apart from the solder they are additionally held on with some form of apoxy adhesive. I have spare boards to scavenge from but try as i might I cannot get them off the board with out damage to the component. so I was hoping that I could buy replacements or equivalent
These seem to be ferrite power inductors (correct me if I am wrong) only marking on the top are KK, can anyone help? the ruler is in MM to give you a scale. Picture No 4 shows one missing solder point.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

It certainly looks like an inductor. It is difficult to work out the value. The value may not be critical. If you can show us where it comes from we may be able to advise.

Good photos, BTW.

Hi
Many thanks for getting back, Merry Xmas to you.
The photos were taken with my iphone 4......I have to say I am quite impressed with the quality myself.
As requested here are a few pics of the ipod classic board 5th generation, the first three are of the scrap board so not showing the dock due to me removing it, they show one of the inductors in place. The last three are of the actual board I want to repair.
There are no values on the coils apart from KK on the top.
Can these coils be something to do with EMI?
Do hope that you are able to help.
Many thanks
Tony
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
These below are of the board I want to repair, note that the solder tabs from the coils are still there, this ipod took a heavy fall, some kind of adhesive was used in manufacture to give the coils better grip on the board after solder.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back