Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with display card repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

byazici

Hello all,

I have a display board at hand (attached a picture below) with Several functions listed below (pictured of front and back below):

1. It has 2 x 12 volt rail input that is powered from a power brick that is rated 12 v with 6 amps max.
2. It has a small keypad and Power Switch input
3. It has I/O power output
4. It has CCFL Backlight Circuit output
5. It has LCD circuit output
6. It has DVI input

It is a custom made Display Driver that runs a Genesis GM1601-LF chip.

Something happened to this unit and unfortunately I was not there when it happened and everyone who was there is blaming the other for what happened to it so its impossible to get an accurate account of the situation but, what I understand is that a false connection was made to the power and either the 12V rails were swapped (+ and -) or another power brick was used on the unit and whatever the reason was now it is not working.

I check the I/O power output for another board that on the circuit and no power arrives at those rails. I have limited electronics knowledge (I can solder and make small circuits) but I want to fix this thing. My questions are:

I was able to diagnose a problem with kind help from the guys at Electronics Point (Steve and Resqueline) but also thought to post here as well for more help.

One problem is the DC controller IC (AIC1578PS) seems to have cratered and is giving full 11-12V on all legs except one, image below. I dont know how much more spread the problem is and need help to diagnose and change the necessary parts.

I also checked and found that some capacitors are not holding any charge when power is given to the circuit and now that I have found that the DC controller doesnt work, I am afraid to give any power to it.

What other parts of it should I check to find faults?

Thank you in advance.

byazici
IMAG0001_measured.jpg
img_back.jpg
DSC_3245_mod2.jpg

Last edited:
Since some of those capacitors read 12v, and the others read 0v, I would assume that a voltage regulator on the board is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back