Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with designing a vgt control for a turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman7900

the holset HE351VE turbo is being used to power lots of cars/trucks in the aftermarket. it is a diesel turbo that has a motor that moves the vanes in the turbo to allow the turbo to act like a tiny (fast boost) and a huge (tons of boost) turbo at the same time. so far everyone is using springs/wastegates to control the turbo, this is super inefficient and sloppy.
My knowledge on building circuits is close to nill. I have built a megasquirt system successfully so i can understand basics but cannot actually design a control board from scratch.
the system will have to do the following:

1: have 2 or 3 inputs to "tell" the controller when to increase or decrease boost (AR size)
2: these inputs should be a map/boost sensor, throttle position sensor, and a rpm sensor.
3: the controller needs to be able to control a BLDC motor that uses hallsensors to detect position.

these is a company that has "hacked" the Can bus protocol to control the board but their controller only works with the factory computer (2008 dodge turbo truck), and they charge 629$ for their unit(insane)

I have tons of info on what has not worked so far, or just google " HE351VE Motor Control "

I dont know how this site works but would love to be able to work with someone to design a board. If i have to pay someone to help (i dont have a lot of $) i would be willing to. If this costs a lot to design i would probably have to sell the board to recoup the expense but i would love to just be able to give out the info megasquirt style.

the links below are from people who have tried to do this before but gave up (lots of good info)
https://www.homemadeturbo.com/forced-induction-7/holset-vgt-he351ve-controller-117261/
https://forums.nicoclub.com/holset-vgt-electronic-controller-project-t463902.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back