Help with decoding a DC drive circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazzMaTazz

Hello all,

I am trying to understand a DC drive circuit (please see the attached .png) as I need to replace it for a project. I know that the connected motor is rated at 36 Vdc, but have no further details on configuration or power. I have worked out that the PWM and inverted PWM signal will change the direction of the motor (such that a 50% mark/space ratio will case zero potential across the motor, and a different ratio would result in a different bias either way will change the direction of movement).

I guess my question is whether I can get away with replacing the components above the line with a traditional I/O system (I would use a PLC with analogue outputs), or whether I would have to replace all the components with a DC drive. What kind of voltages and current are produced at output 1 & output 2?

I would appreciate any help - I am a control system engineer, not an electronics guru like you people!

Many thanks in advance:

LazzMaTazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…