Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with choosing uC for development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbone

Hey guys!
Alright, here goes..
I wish to construct a development board for programming and experimenting with uControllers. I know all the basics and all, and I have a schematic for the board we used in school. However, the uC we used and that I have learned about, is not available for purchase anymore, atleast not on the sites I know of in Denmark.
So Im looking for a good uController to use and learn about now. One I can build my development board around.
The one I am familiar with is an Infineon SAB 80C535, and it had all I needed, now Im looking for a substitute, anyone got some good recommendations?
I need about the same number of ports and with similar features.

At work we are using MC68HC11E1CFN2, would that be any good for me?

I also have a pretty basic question to add.
When I learned about the 80C535 we started programming in Assembler, and then switched to C, compiling with a program from KEIL.
Is all uControllers programmable with C, if I got a compiler?
Could I potentially program a PIC with C?

I hope you guys can get me started.. Basicly what I need is a good uController I can program with C :)

Off hand I do not know of a current micro controller that can not be programmed in C. There are several C compilers for PICs.

A lot of us skip the development board. I just use a set of solderless breadboards. I have made modules that reduce the wiring time: power regulator, processor, LCD etc. For other stuff I go right to a PCB layout.

That is also my intention once I get a hang of it :) Right now I just wanna play around a bit, learn some more, before I go ahead and just jump right to it.

Nice to know all uC can be programmed in C. Now all I need is some recommendations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back