Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with CD4514BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevors

Hello All,
I am experiencing problems getting this chip to work(4 to 16 line decoder)
I have the strobe input high,inhibit low, all inputs low but still none of the outputs go high. I have also noticed that the supply seems to die when the chip is connected (obviously there will be no output like this). I cannot figure out why this is happening. I have tried more than one chip with the same result. I used the same chips before for a different project and they worked ok. Any suggestions?

hi,
What voltage level and what type of supply, eg: battery mains dc psu.

What current does the ic draw when connected, use a DMM to measure the supply current into pin 24.

Does the ic get hot.

Are the +V and 0V psu connections to the ic, the correct way round.. 0V to pin12 and +V to pin24

Hi Eric,
I started over and rewired. Then found that all outputs accept S8 , S9 and S10 were high. Changed the chip and all is ok. That'll teach me to clear the breadboard before starting a new project. I suspect it was the way I had it wired. Txs for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back