Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with C programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

minded_162

i have a problem in doing a source code using C programing. I'm doing an equation related to the mass spring system in FDTD. My problem is how to to do the coding for damping :( . the algorithm is

[d²X/dT²] = 1/m[-b(dX/dT)-kx]

b is the damping constant and k is the spring constant.

Thanks...

Laplace ? Makes differentiation nothing more than linear equation which can be easily manipulated. Though the inverse Laplace maybe kind of tricky since you most likely will require partial fractions.

I have never coded anything like this in C, so these are just ideas I'm throwing out there. I guess it depends are your level of C programming.

If you can use Matlab, that would be the better way, since it's probably not as difficult as coding that type of equation in C.

i dun really know how to implement laplace using C into the equation but i'll try.. anyway, thanks 4 the idea tresca ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back