Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with analogue inverting op amp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Thornwell

Hi,

The question is - using this circuit
6e2947f2982da91b17cba2c67303f127.png

which I have built in multisim..
74e9d3591f6eee1f82ff87621e42d6f1.png

"Modify the existing analogue build to achieve an approx frequency of 1Hz" , "include all calculations"

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

"Modify the existing analogue build to achieve an approx frequency of 1Hz" , "include all calculations"
I don't understand what you are to do. "achieve 1hz" V3=0.5 sec 1 sec That makes 1hz.
What calculations?
>>I would put down the formula for gain. Using R1 and R2.
>>Show that 1 sec = 1hz.
"Modify" It looks good to me.

I changed the input to 0.5 seconds to achieve a 1Hz output as you said but I didn't think that was all since the question says to "modify the build". As far as calculations go, all I could manage to put in was working out that 1 sec = 1hz

I'm afraid the question really makes no sense.

Hi,

If you have 1Hz input that seems all you can modify, unless they are asking you to build a filter of some sort but they dont give enough information to say what kind.

The question is badly worded. Perhaps you are meant to convert the inverting amp into an oscillator with a ~1Hz period?

Hint:
How could you make Schmitt-trigger circuit from an amp?
How could you make an oscillator using a Schmitt-trigger circuit?

Last edited:
The question is badly worded. Perhaps you are meant to convert the inverting amp into an oscillator with a ~1Hz period?

Hint:
How could you make Schmitt-trigger circuit from an amp?
How could you make an oscillator using a Schmitt-trigger circuit?

This is i think is more likely what is expected since the question says to "modify the build".

Unfortunately though, I wouldn't know how to do that since nothing you are saying makes any sense to me. Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob, and its probably really easy.

I wouldn't know how to do that since nothing you are saying makes any sense to me.
Since this is homework I only dropped a couple of hints. It's up to you to research Schmitt triggers and oscillators if you want to learn. A quick google should bring up some explanations/tutorials. But you should really get the question clarified first, to prevent barking up the wrong tree.

Hola Ryan,

Instead of paraphrasing the "question", why do not you copy it sic and then come with your own questions? That is what I call, waste of (everybody's) time.

Even my grandaughter at the kindergarden uses images like the one below.

landscape is better for this.png

Attachments

• landscape is better for this.png
    landscape is better for this.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
"Modify the existing analogue build to achieve an approx frequency of 1Hz"

Ambiguous:

a) A 1 Hz oscillator
b) Amplify frequencies above 1 Hz ( or 3 db point is 1 Hz)?
c) Only amplify frequencies below 1 Hz.

For starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back