Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with an LED project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDRI

I would like to hook-up 8 LEDs to do a visual effect. I would like to use some type of a controller to have them all come on for 4 seconds, all flash for 4 sec, random flash for 4 seconds (does not have to be a true random), chase for 4 sec. then start the sequence over. I have wondered if a 16F628 PIC or one of the chips in its family would do the trick.
I do have some knowledge about electronics and do believe I could program the chip, if I had a little guidance. The power will be 12V DC Thanks Richard

BDRI said:
I would like to hook-up 8 LEDs to do a visual effect. I would like to use some type of a controller to have them all come on for 4 seconds, all flash for 4 sec, random flash for 4 seconds (does not have to be a true random), chase for 4 sec. then start the sequence over. I have wondered if a 16F628 PIC or one of the chips in its family would do the trick.
I do have some knowledge about electronics and do believe I could program the chip, if I had a little guidance. The power will be 12V DC Thanks Richard

A 16F628 would be ideal, check my tutorials which give code for pretty much what you want! - one of the LED flashing ones uses a lookup table to flash any pattern you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back