Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddymeetsbugs

i have an idea but not very sure how to implement it , plus am a comp student not electronic so that adds to the difficulity
any help will be appreciated :)
i want to design a device a pen actually which records ur hand writing pattern and stores it
sounds wage but i want a copy of ur writing to get recorded.. since my knowledge is limited i thought of using optical mouse's led and tiny camera( which takes more than 1000 images per sec) ehich determines the motion and poistion i thought but monitoring the motion (electrical signal) if i can store them into some storage it'll produce some similar results as expected!!
pls advice

thanks for the reply, great help
how does this digitizer work?? ofcourse am going to google out but still any new information will be great!!

From the Website said:
Question How does my Pentop Computer read what I write?**broken link removed** Answer The Pentop Computer reads anything you write on special FLY Paper. There’s a tiny camera on the tip that reads the coordinates of the small dots that are on FLY Paper and figures out what you’re doing. You might be playing a game printed on the paper, or writing a note to your best friend. It knows.

Q. My Pentop Computer doesn’t read my handwriting. What can I do?

Please be sure you practice writing in FLYtype:

• Don’t cover the camera (located near the writing tip) with your finger.
• Don’t run your letters or words together.
• Don’t write too close to the bottom edge of a page.
• Do leave space between words and between lines.
• Do write in FLYtype (see user guide).

Sounds kinda hookie. Special Paper? Flytype? $80 price tag.

yeah i read that camera part.. am thinking of using a optical mouse for annalysing the co-ordinate??
is that ok??
how are the co-ordinates from a mouse actually coded.. are they binary coded??
should i use a accelerometer instead of optical mouse's camera!!
somebody pls guide

Well it's special paper (patented) with a pattern of almost invisible dots and special carbonless ink.
It's a very advanced project.
Why not just buy the pen? It'll cost a small fortune to do it yourself. Is it a school project? is your shift key damaged?

The optical solution seems like a rather poor one to me. I'm thinking a better solution might be to actually build a working ballpoint pen with a magnetic pick-up in the ball. Add to that a pressure transducer and you not onnly get the motion of the signature but, also the pressure pattern...and, the signer would also be signing the document physically. Seems like something the damn Chinese could do pretty easily...as a "normal size" pen...without building a huge, clumsy looking contraption such as the picture in a previous message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back