Help with Altera Cyclone III configuration problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

Hi,

I'm tried to make a development board for the Cyclone III, most of it works as far as I can tell without the FPGA.

My problem is with the FPGA configuring after I have downloaded the configuration file to the serial memory. Referencing this document I can tell what stage the FPGA is in when powering up. Well nothing happens. The FPGA just sits there with NCONFIG at 1.5V, CONFIG_DONE at 0V and NSTATUS at 0V.

I think there may be something wrong with the FPGA as NCONFIG isn't at 0V, when I pull it low to reset the device and attempt to restart the configuration it drops a little to 1.2V.

I have gone over the pins and connection scheme and unfortunately haven't found any problems!

Attached is my schematic, it has some errors but I have made a rev1.1 schematic and changed those. One of those is the schematic says I'm using 1MB of memory when I'm using 16MB. I show rev1.0 as this is the revision of the board I'm working on.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• EP3C5E144C8N_DEVBOARD_rev1.0.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…