Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Alarm Telephone Dialer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telewanger

Hi,

I am very interested in an alarm telephone dialer circuit, or circuit with keypad for programming phone numbers. Sure, I can buy one from a company online, but I need one that is very small and special made for me. It needs to be super small, as small as it can possibly be made. It needs no lights, horn, or any of those items. It needs to somehow be triggered by closing a simple series circuit or by receiving power from a 9 or 12 volt battery when the alarm horn is activated.

I have designed a wet well pump and alarm. It needs to call someone when there is an overflow, or failure condition, so that it alerts the owners before major damage is done to the pump or property.

If it can be made very small and at a good price, I may need hundreds or maybe thousands of them in the future. I have been going to a lot of websites and watching many videos. I am going to need someone to build them for me. I am going to start off small, but there is a big demand for this kind of pump system in my area. I know quite a bit about mechanics, but not so much about electronics. I am trying to make these items because similar items on the market are quite expensive, but really not that complex to make.

The dialer will need to be able to have a couple of phone numbers programmed into it. The act of programming the numbers should be as easy as possible, so that customers can do it with minimum skills.

If someone would be willing to make them for me, it would be great. If you do not have time, I would be willing to purchase one of them from you using PayPal, just to see if it will function and work with my product. The smaller the better, so that it can fit into a small box with the alarm unit.

I will need a wireless type in the future for remote pump houses that do not have a telephone line. It would need to work like a cell phone, I guess, but first I need one that you can plug a phone line into for a home or business that already has a telephone line.

I want to be able to build a high quality product, but be able to sell a lot of them due to the fact that mine don't cost and arm and a leg, if that is possible. I want a working prototype before I start looking into the patent process. I need to make sure that everything works great first. Of course it needs to be non-obvious to even get a patent.

Thank You,

**broken link removed**

If I understand you, you need a device to trigger an alarm in case of your pump failure and call certain telephone number ?

I already have the pump and alarm, which is very loud.

I just need a relay and keypad or programmable circuit to make the call.

I don't think that you are reading the thread. I need a very small unit, as small as it can be made. If it works, I will need hundreds, and if all goes well, possibly thousands of them in the future. I am contacting a lot of companies but nobody seems interested in making them for me. I would like one prototype to see if it works. I am will purchase it from anyone who can create it. If nobody can do it, I may need to search in other countries, but I would like to keep my business in the US if possible.

What you want can be prodced in a matchbox size enclosure. But try the other suggestions, to prove systems viability, befor you invest al lot of time and money! E

Telewanger gave you a link to what you need, or a darn good start. You know you'll need FCC or other approvals to sell them and use them in countries like the US.

You can use a newer PIC chip and its internal clock as well. The Mitel chip has been around for a long time.

I am from Nigeria. I already have a device i named intruder alert: it gives u an alert on your mobile phone whenever an unathorised entry happens wherever it is installed! It has been adopted to warn field worker of storms remotedly. You are talking about volume of water here which i think the device could be adopted in some way to suit your purpose! I hope i am not coming too late here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back